I’m on a Team – what can I bring to the CAPITAL CITY DRAGON BOAT RACE?
- Your own lifejacket (but we have PFDs for everyone if you don’t own one.)
- Chairs, blankets, suntan lotion
- Food and beverages, coolers, ice
- Refillable water bottles
- $$ to vote for your team theme, buy some race merchandise, support the food trucks!
- Your Team Buddy – a volunteer who will monitor your team’s race schedule to keep you on time, and who will guard your stuff while you’re on the water.
- Your camera – make sure it’s water friendly! Yep, you can wear a Go Pro, but don’t stop paddling in the middle of the race to adjust it!
- Safe shoes for dragon boating – sandals are okay, but need a strap across your heel.
- Yes to a big happy smile – there will be lots of folks taking your picture as you paddle in this unique race!
- IMPORTANT: Lifejackets (PFDs) MUST be worn anytime you are on the dock or on the water. No exceptions.
- Your Team Buddy – a volunteer who will watch your race schedule, and guard your stuff while you’re on the water.
- Your own paddle
- Anything bigger than a 10’x10’ awning
- No trailers, vehicles, etc. in the park.
- Anything with alcohol in it – sorry, our permits don’t allow this.
- Our permits also don’t allow anything that generates heat = no grills, candles, canned Sterno, etc.
- Your pets – it’s a long day, please leave them in the comfort of your home.
- No flip-flop shoes or bare feet on the boats.
- Please, no bottled water – we’re trying to ‘Be Green’.
- There will not be electric service for you to recharge your devices – plan ahead or relax and have an old-fashion phone-free day!
- This one’s so important we’re repeating it: Lifejackets (PFDs) MUST be worn anytime you are on the docks or on the water. No exceptions.